Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day 14-- My Last Day at The Ridge

Last night was graduation. There, each person had an opportunity to share what the experience at Fitness Ridge has meant to him/her. Again, there were tears. Some because of dashed expectations. Having not lost as much weight as expected. Some times it's hard to remember that every body is different. A body that is usually sedentary will shed more poundage when thrown into a program like this than one that is use to some working out. Plus, there are various factors that affect the number on the scale. For example, when most of us weighed in on our initial Sunday, it was in the evening after traveling and eating all day. Eating that probably included airport fare. On the final weigh-in, we were encouraged to weigh on an empty stomach first thing in the morning. Yes, I am still clogged and bloated. There weren't any pointers on how to account for that. LOL. Those differences matter. But, there are times when a person doesn't want to hear that. Right? So, I kept my mouth shut.

But, mostly there were tears and expressions of joy last night. Joy of personal commitment. This truly is a commitment of energy, time and money. Joy of personal triumphs, which goes to show that I was not the only one surprised that I could actually climb a mountain--not to mention survive 2 weeks away from my 3 boys!!!

This morning was my final weigh-in, or weigh-out, depending on how you look at it! I will NOT share my final numbers because Fitness Ridge is about so much more than that. I do not want my numbers to motivate, nor discourage anyone from investing in themselves and the experience.
I will say that I am happy with my results and proud of my efforts. I giggle each time I look down and can see more of my feet! All mothers can relate to this!! I love that I can sit crossed-leg in a chair, if I wanted! I can feel my hip bone! My shoes are bigger! Yep, who would have thought? But, about 5 other women and I noticed this phenomenon. Best of all: I had to dry the jeans that I wore here...on HIGH....twice! In hopes that they would shrink. I am so much hotter, my Rusty may self-combust when he sees me.

I am leaving The Biggest Loser Fitness Ridge smarter, stronger, braver, healthier and more experienced than when I came. I've already paid for 2 more weeks to be used in the future. Who's coming with me???? Russ is. He just doesn't know it yet.
When you schedule your stay, mention my name--Monica Fillmore--and we will both get $100 off. That's good for a fabulous massage, at the very least. You'll need it and deserve it!!!

Thanks to everyone who encouraged me and cheered for me on this journey!
Heading Home...

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Monica! I've followed your blog since day one and I hope you continue sharing your journey with us all. Words can't express how much you have inspired me. I too have diabetes in my family and I know I'm not as healthy as I should be. I really need to make some changes and you have helped me realize that.

    By the way, do you know what you did?! You motivated me to sign up for a fitness class at my local rec center! My first class starts next week. Thank you!!!

    Can't wait to see you and your baggy jeans and loose fitting shoes!

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Babe, what can I say. You blow me away... I am moved on so many levels about your experience. THANK YOU for sharing/ posting on your first (of many to come) blogs!

    SO, when are we headed out to Utah???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Monica!! Congratulations!! You made it!! This is lovely!! I am excited to see how this continues to unfold in your life even after you return home!!

    ReplyDelete