Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Day 2

I woke this morning with a sore throat and coughing: yellow, green and red stuff-- ALL the wrong colors.
I am so worried that I will be knocked out of the ring by a cold. That would totally suck!
If only I could get dry and warm. I am sure that would help.

I made it to 6:00AM yogalates. I left for class early because I knew I would have to hobble to get there. Every part of my body ached--and still does.

I ended up being assigned to the hiking group for Intermediate Turtles. Today was much better because I had my iPOD and didn't have to make small talk with others. Talking, while hiking for maximum calorie burn, just doesn't work for me.

I did spend part of the hike crying in the rain. (Hey, I think that is an old R&B song.) I am just soooo tired, wet and homesick.  We only did 6 miles. Part of the trail was washed away by all this rain. (There are flood warnings in the area.)

Yet, I am no quitter. So, I will make it to all of my classes today and give 100%.

Thanks so much to Jim McMahon and my Russ for great music on my iPOD.

See you after lunch, etc.

9 comments:

  1. Here are a pair of arms lifting you up. So proud of you MAW-girl!!!!Think dry thoughts...and bring home some of that red dirt for a piece! If you don't use it, I will :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a strong woman, I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fergie-licious!!! I am so proud of you babe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a strong and amazing woman and you are going to be so proud of yourself when you get through the next 2 weeks. It will be worth it. You have totally got this. All your MAW friends are rooting for you!!!

    GO MONICA!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such an inspiration to me!! I hope the rain stops soon and you can enjoy some sunshine. Hang in there, I know you can do this girl!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep on, keep on! Hope you get less sick and it gets less rainy. Regardless, though, onward is the thing.

    ReplyDelete