Monday, December 20, 2010

Last Night's Orientation

As it turns out, there are people here of all shapes and sizes. I am not the smallest, nor am I the largest.
What is most impressive is that there are some people who have been here for 4-6 weeks already.  One lady has been here for 4 months straight, and she says she doesn't want to leave. (Maybe she's hiding from the mob.) I can't help but wonder what those people do for a living that allows them that much time off and the money to afford it. I also wonder why they would want to be tortured for that many weeks in a row. I may work up the nerve to ask. Maybe the program isn't as tough as I imagine!

The repeated advice that we got was "to protect your feet at all cost. Use duct tape, band-aids and Body Glide, and friction-less socks to prevent blisters. I bought the very expensive socks.

I also heard that I should be drinking half my body weight in water daily. I laughed--Out loud!!! Can you imagine? Who has that much time to go to the bathroom?

"If you ate it, then you must negate it" is the other thing I heard over and over. Isn't that catchy? I plan to make myself a t-shirt. We are allowed 1,200 calories a day. We are free to grab a few carrots, an orange, an apple, a banana, 12 almonds, or one boiled egg if we need more. Each of those is an extra 100 calories. By the way, I eat almonds by the handful back home.

They also warned that they will call LOCK DOWN if any contraband is found. Contraband includes: any candy, any caffeine and any other food NOT provided by the chef. We were told that the housekeeping staff will report us. I do have 2 Trio bars still tucked away. I don't no wether to turned them in or keep them for the trip home. I am jonesing for my Mt. Dew.  I wish I hadn't fallen off the wagon just weeks ago.

In the end, we were told to consider our stay compassionate boot camp! 

1 comment:

  1. Compassionate boot camp, really? Those words just provide all kinds of horrific flashbacks!

    As for girlfriend in the Federal Witness Protection Program, I'm thinking "job" isn't in her working vocabulary. What I want to know is where do I sign up for a sugar daddy that will foot the bill for my fat you-know-what to hang out in Utah with the compassionate Mormons?

    And please, please, please don't make me hafta talk about you in lockdown, get rid of those cardboard bars!

    ReplyDelete