Friday, December 24, 2010

Day 5 Hike

 Today's hike was Camel Back. We drove to a height of 4,000 feet, then climbed another 800 ft.
Almost to the top! Only an hour and half to go.
Along the way. Notice the Horse and Rider on the rock? It's painted by weathering.
Closer.
Looking out, while catching my breath. Yes, it's a cinder volcano.
At the top!
 Still, at the top
It was worth the effort. I am glad I didn't give up! Just think! I use to think rock climbing and hiking were so stupid. Now, I see them as challenging puzzles.

3 comments:

  1. Great pix babe! I love the landscape! I hope the air is as clear as it looks in the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas, baby... It is a few hours away here, and I am sending you big holiday hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breath taking photos! My gosh I wish I was there too!! Hi five for making it all that way! It looks like you covered a lot of ground. XO

    ReplyDelete